We'll help you manage and reduce pain.
We diagnose and treat all kinds of pain. While your pain may not go away completely, we'll help you cope better. We’ll also help you avoid addiction and negative side effects.
Find a San Bernardino Medical Group doctor or location near you.
Learn about upcoming classes and community events.
We’re here to help if you have questions.
Enjoy safe, easy access to your health information.
Guidelines for prescribing pain medication
Please read the following information carefully:
- You must fill out a pain management contract before medication can be prescribed. As part of this, you will be asked to do random drug tests.
- You must see your primary care physician at least twice a year.
- If you take three or more pain medications at a time, you will be required to gradually reduce to two or fewer.
- New patients who need pain medication for pre-existing conditions must get a urine drug screen test first.
- The California Department of Justice requires doctors to access the Controlled Substance Utilization Review and Evaluation System (CURES) system for a Patient Activity Report (PAR) before ordering any opioids.
- The PAR report lists controlled substances that have been ordered by date, the name of the prescribing doctor, and the name and quantity of the medication.
- Soma (carisoprodol) is rarely prescribed by San Bernardino Medical Group physicians.
This standard of care is based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and is approved by the Physicians of San Bernardino Medical Group, Inc.